D17 Allis chalmers series 2

EasyE

New User
I have a D -17 allis chalmers that I rebuilt engine 2 years ago . It is now not firing on cylinder 1 . I’ve checked plug , wires , adjusted valves and still not fixed. Any ideas?

How did you check the plug and wires? Don't just look at them, shrug your shoulders and say, "They don't look too bad" like all the youtube mechanics do. You can't tell if a plug or a wire is bad by looking at it.

Take the plug out and verify you have spark.

Next, do a compression test on the #1 cylinder.

Swap a pair of wires on the distributor and engine and see if the misfire moves with one of the wires.

How did you check the plug and wires? Don't just look at them, shrug your shoulders and say, "They don't look too bad" like all the youtube mechanics do. You can't tell if a plug or a wire is bad by looking at it.

Take the plug out and verify you have spark.

Next, do a compression test on the #1 cylinder.
Yes sir
I swapped plugs and actually saw spark coming from the wire and felt it too lol.
Will do compression test today.
Thank you

Yes sir
I swapped plugs and actually saw spark coming from the wire and felt it too lol.
Will do compression test today.
Thank you
Depending where you were touching the wire, the fact that you felt it can indicate a bad wire, leaking spark to ground.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back