D17 Series Four Three Point Linkage

nwford

Member
We recently brought home a 1967 D17 that originally appears to have been a snap coupler equipped tractor. At some point in its previous live someone swapped a 170 or later three point onto it but left the snap coupler spring and drawbar on it. We're trying to find the correct drawbar and support.
The draft doesn't seem to function either.
My question is it seems to be missing the 70242929 rod that goes from the torsion bar to the link in the picture that is highlighted. Does anyone have a picture on this rod and measurements?


hte
d17 series 4.png
 
Before you do that, what kind of shape is the torsion bar in??????? If you can grab the lower draft arms and pull/push them back and forth an inch or more, there's no need to get your linkage working. That much movement in the torsion bar means it is worn out and cannot function with Traction Booster.
 
Hello DrAllis. After your reply I looked closer a the torsion bar. Seems something is extremely worn. The bar will swing freely between the stop bolt and to the rear against the three point arm sway block area.

I need to look closer at what is going on in that area. I'm guessing there should be very little to no for and aft play in it?
 
There should be zero. That adjustment bolt on the front left is used to keep the slack out of it and (as I suspicioned) everything is worn out from 60 years of use and probably very little grease on each end of the torsion bar when needed. In the end it hurts nothing. It just sees to it you have no "Traction Booster" system because it cannot work like that. If you need to plow with it, I can rebuild it for you, by building up the areas of wear. I'd also have to see if the brass bushings are still available from AGCO for each end.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top