Dang........

Goose

Another one of my wife?s six older brothers passed away this morning. He?s the fourth of the six to go.

It was almost a blessing. He?d had a hard life. Scattered over the last thirty years or so, he'd had, in no particular order, three back operations, triple bypass surgery, a broken leg, a stroke that he mostly recovered from, two heart attacks, and appendicitis. It was a heart attack and appendicitis within the last week that did him in. They wouldn?t operate on his appendix because his heart wouldn?t have withstood it. The outcome was the same anyway. BTW, he was two years younger than me.

I still have to laugh when I think about a time he and I were going to visit a buddy of ours in Ontario, CA. We were coming on I-15 from Las Vegas in a full sized conversion van he owned at the time. He was driving and I?d flopped the passenger seat back and taken a nap. When I woke up, it was half dark and we were coming down out of the mountains by San Bernardino. Ed said, ?I?m not exactly sure where we are?

I looked around and said, ?Oh, I know where we are, there?s that nudist camp over there?.

Talk about getting someone?s attention! He forgot all about wondering where we were, he wanted to know how I knew about a nudist camp in California. All I knew about it was the same buddy we were going to visit pointed it out during the day once. All you could see during the day was the tops of some campers in a clump of palm trees at the base of a mountain about a mile off the Interstate. When I woke up and saw a clump of lights at the base of the same mountain silhouetted against the sunset, it struck me that was where we were. It sure woke Ed up, though.

Life goes on.

Sorry for your loss. Now I am a little older the way you told us about your brother in law is the way I try to remeber my loved ones with a funny story, it does ease the pain just a little

We never forgot that trip to California, either. We left eastern Nebraska at 10am on a Thursday, rolled into Ontario, CA on Friday evening, ran around LA over the weekend, left LA Monday morning, and got home Tuesday evening. It wasn't just a lark. We had good reason to be in LA that weekend, we just made a quick trip out of it.

It was made more interesting by the fact that we ate at a McDonalds in Fort Morgan, Colorado on the way home and both got food poisoning. Since then, I've talked with a fellow from that area and he said the food at McDonalds in Fort Morgan always did taste different from other McDonalds.

I haven't been in a McDonalds since.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back