Danville FFA pull directions

mshultz

The Danville PA FFA pull will be held April 26 at the Montour Delong Fairgrounds in Central PA. The pull is sponsored by the Montour Antique Farm Machinery Collector's association, and part of the proceeds for the day are donated towards the Danville FFA chapter. The FFA uses these funds to take our new chapter officer team on a weekend retreat to plan the activities for the coming year, and to do some leadership development activities.

Rules and classes are available at www.mafmca.com. We offer a large variety of classes from 3,750-18,000, but probably 90%+ of our tractors fit within the "stock uncut" and "stock cut" tire classes. Every other class is paced, and the opposite classes are non-pace. Pull starts at 11:00. Last year there were around 210 hooks for the day, and we average roughly 25-30 hooks per hour when everything is going well. Danville FFA students will be assisting throughout the day with registration, flagging, track prep, and other tasks.

Since there sounds like there might be some new interest from the western part of the state(I'm hoping!), here are directions from the West when coming in on Interstate 80: Get off at exit 215(Limestoneville), and turn left onto Route 254 East. Follow Route 254 East for 5.9 miles, and you will come up to the Montour Delong Fairgrounds entrance on the right side of the road(the fair sits behind a single row of houses with a lane that cuts between them). You may enter there, or you can continue on the the next road on the right called Mexico Road (about 0.2 miles further), and turn back that road. Mexico road will take you to a puller's entrance to the fairgrounds, but parking is usually at a premium. If you are coming from another direction, e-mail me or post and I will gladly post or e-mail you directions from another direction. If weather is in question, call my cell phone and the recorded message will tell you if we are planning on pulling or not.

There are a group of hotels within 6 miles of the fairgrounds, and the directions to them are very easy. You will be right off of the next exit on 80(the Danville exit). I called out, and the cheapest rate I could find for the night of the 26th is the Red Roof Inn at $69. There is a pull at Trout Run the following day, which is about 45-50 minutes away that you may be interested in if you're in the area. Check with Cliff Stugart for information on that pull - he posts on here pretty regular.

Thanks for your time and interest. I hope to see some new faces this year! Please contact me with any questions.

Mike Shultz
Danville FFA Advisor
Cell(570)764-3985.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back