Darf "7" wheel Rola rake value?

A in NE

New User
The UPS guy asked if I had a side delivery rake, so I showed him this. I don't normally sell stuff, I have a lot of various "junk" items, and I would rather wait until I can have time to sort everything (actual stuff vs. sell for weight). But as many years as it's been, it won't happen like I'd like. But he asked, so I was a bit curious what one was worth. Of course he wouldn't make an offer, asked me to, which is no good because I don't have a clue what anything is worth (part of why I don't like selling stuff). I'd like to ask what it's worth, don't want to under/over ask. Does anyone have a suggestion of what I should ask, or maybe somewhere to look to figure out some of the value of things? I have JD and Kosch mowers, a few old tractors, blades, parts, etc., etc. Stuff like that would be nice to know, and much is old so there isn't much listed on the regular classified/auction sites. I could advertise it I know, but then everyone would start randomly showing up at the place, happened for a long time after my dad went. Some would look through stuff without asking if I wasn't here.

I can't seem to find the 7th wheel, hence the "". I thought it was somewhere out there but I haven't had time to look much yet, it might not be.

Also the stacker teeth (or teeth for like a sweep). He asked about them, and again I have no clue. I have a couple complete heads like in the picture, and some teeth laying around loose that I haven't looked at in a long time.

I'm not "attached" to much of the stuff, my dad/parents either used or "collected" it. I'd just like a fair rough value if possible.

I have a newer 16 wheel H&S high cap. rake, so I wouldn't need this one anyway (I put up hay myself for my cows).

Thanks for any advice/help.

Here are pictures if they let me post them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10961646@N02/sets/72157634471818812/
 
Considering I traded a set of rear wheel weights for my 16 wheel H&S bi-fold rake, I would say yours is probably worth about $150. The sweep teeth... if you need them, they are worth a bunch. If you just have them sitting around, they are taking up space.
 
Do yourself and him a favor. CUT that thing up and sell it for SCRAP!!! They did not work very good when they where brand new. Let alone worn out and bent with missing pieces. The teeth where too short to really flex over the ground like a newer wheel rake. They tended to bunch the hay and really tear up the ground/hay stand.

Years ago the teeth where $4-5 each then. They would not be any cheaper today. They have a bend in them that is different than pickup teeth that are that width. I have seen guys buy pickup teeth an heat them and bend them to work.

A for value as it sets. Maybe $75-100. I see them at sales that are in better shape and they will not make $200, Usually $100-150 catches them.
 
I was actually thinking about a couple hundred or so to ask before I posted. I know I sure wouldn't buy something looking like it does. I mentioned the teeth, because I was pretty sure they wouldn't be cheap. I'll see what he says, if he calls or next time I get something delivered. Thanks everyone.

(quoted from post at 11:31:00 07/04/13) Are those Farm Hand hay sweeps?
The stacker looking head in the picture is a DuAl.

I took a few more random pictures of a small portion of my junk, and added them to the album. With the drought the weeds kind of took over out there. Ignore the roof on the barn, it is going to be knocked down some day.
 
We've got a very similar rake, made by a company in California. Morrill I think is the name. The teeth are the farmhand style teeth. I don't think they're at $5 yet. When we bought the rake 15 years ago we could get teeth for $2.50. As far as the springs, I found the farmhand number for those too and purchase them through AGCO.

Not the best rake, but our works well in full windrows and grass. We bought ours for $7.50 at a local auction, and it used to belong to another neighbor. What I found helped make it work much better is I bent the hitch pole so the pipe the wheels were on were level when hooked on the tractor. Before the pipe fell a good 12" or so front to back, and it was hard to get even pressure on the wheels.

Donovan from Wisconsin

I will say, if you run it with a tooth missing/broken, it'll very soon be teeth broken, because it makes it bounce hard and then it'll start taking out more and more teeth as it bounces. Ours also has wire aroudn each wheel, through the coils, to keep them on the rake if the entire coil breaks off. Keeps a guy from finding them in a tire later...

Donovan from Wisconsin
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top