David Brown 4600 suction pipe

billh1963

New User
Hi...first time poster. I have a David Brown 4600 (gas version of the 880) with an issue. The suction pipe that goes from the filter housing to the hydraulic pump is bent from water in the hydraulic oil freezing and bending the pipe upwards. This happened before my purchase. Anyway, I have a replacement suction pipe and am trying to find out of I can replace it by removing the rear PTO house and pulling it out that way or if the tractor has to be split. I have "heard" it can be pulled out through the back but I have heard from anyone who has actually done it. Anyone know for certain?

4600.jpg

I have done it on an 885 with the PTO housing removed. Should be the same. From where you are, it should just slide out rearward if you have the bolt out near the strainer.

No luck. I had to cut the old one to pull it out (very bent). Once it was out I realized there's no way the other one is going in. I see a split in my future.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back