David Brown 885

I'm thinking about going to check out a 1975 David Brown 885 that's for sale and was wondering what everyone's opinions of this model is. It's a diesel and supposedly one owner tractor. Anything I should look out for?

Probably the best DB build, alongside the 990. Though little buggers standing hard abuse.
Engine should start right up, no excuse. They are typically good cold-starters. Hydraulics can act up, but mostly clean out control valve solves 90% of problems. Tranny is bullet and idiot proof. Clutch can wear out but parts are cheap and readily available, at least at this side of the ocean.

I wouldn't hesitate if i was looking for one, you couldn't hardly go wrong on one.

Good luck.

Thanks, it's only about an hour's drive from me so I think I'll go take a look at it. It's good to know they're good cold weather starters because I'm looking for a tractor to run a 3 point snowblower. The gearing of the 885 looks perfect for what I need along with the amount of HP it has at the PTO.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back