Day and a half hay

showcrop

Here in the northeast we plan on needing three days to make hay under normal conditions. Of course we need to adjust for weather, heaviness of crop and most of all on how much moisture there is in the ground. I got it mowed Friday AM, and tedded it out this AM starting at 9:15. It is only around four acres. Most of the field is pretty dry, so given the lightness of the crop, not being able to apply fertilizer in the spring, I planned on baling most of it this afternoon. I raked it soon after noon today, and with the temp in the 90s, some breeze, and humidity at 50% It was pretty much dry. I went back at around 2:30 to bale, still planning to leave the three outside windrows. But, as I went by the wet places, even though my tires were wet, the hay turned out to be pretty much dry. So I went around a few times, then having just the one tractor there I unhooked the baler and wagon and hooked onto the rake. Then back to baling. So I got it all dried down and baled in just 28 hours, with a little more of a work-out in the 94 degrees heat than this 70 year old kid was planning on. When I got home just for kicks I weighed myself and I had lost three lbs. from this AM.

It has been taking me 3 days to get hay dry with the
sickle mower no conditioner except the triticale that
took ten days and should have waited 12 had to use
preservative on it . Humidity is 25% right now

50teen ,60teen, 70teen. I get it, after 49 you only
count your age every ten years, and through a teen
after the decade your in. So I am getting ready to
cut out of my 50teen years, and move into my
60teens. Sounds more youthful somehow.

I told the girl friend my brain tells me I can still do this stuff my body tells me you will be 71 in 2 weeks.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back