Dc 4 case power steering

I’m planning to add power steering to my dc 4 case tractor I saw an old thread discussing this but I can’t add to it there was talk of using combine parts to do it and I’m wondering what model combines ? Also I have a case 900 parts tractor and I’m curious if anyone has adapted that onto a d series?

I’m sure it could be done quite easily on a standard non-adjustable wide front. A narrow front or adjustable wide front equipped tractor (with the nice slow ratio gearbox) is almost one finger steering without any assist.

Glenn F.

Upvote 0
I’m sure it could be done quite easily on a standard non-adjustable wide front. A narrow front or adjustable wide front equipped tractor (with the nice slow ratio gearbox) is almost one finger steering without any assist.

Glenn F.
That’s my hope it’s a non adjustable wide front end

Upvote 0
I have power steering on my DC-3, it was accomplished by the previous owner who was very creative. It has a front end loader which is why, I believe, he needed power steering. First off he got a steering hydraulic box from a combine. Removed the original steering wheel and mounted the steering box to the pedestal. He removed the chicken roost steering linkage and replaced it with a hydraulic cylinder connected to the loader on one end and the rotating shaft above the steering gear. It is then plumbed into the hydraulic system from the remotes. It does have a diverter valve box controller installed in the system. It works very well. The man did what he needed to do to make this tractor work for him. It is a heck of a tractor, not original by any means, it just gets the job done. gobble

Upvote 0
Have the pump laying on shelf. Located in north west indiana. Email kreifarms@yahoo. com
Thanks I’m really looking for everything else I’m hoping to tie it into the hydraulic pump with a priority valve even if I have to drill and tap passages on the pump housing I’m trying a little too hard to make it look as factory as possible

Upvote 0
Tom , That DC sounds interesting ... If You would receive us , I might look You up for the 2 dollar tour if I get out You way
We would welcome a visit. Central Iowa, near I-80, don't know what this new format has for messaging, but can always post on the forum as I check almost daily....gobble

Upvote 0
I knew a.guy that put PS on two late DC4 tractors. He used parts from Massey 410 combines. He removed the original steering column and replaced it with the modified column from the combine. I think the had a cylinder under the tractor to steer. He added a.belt driven pump to the engine with a hole cut in the hood for the pump. I have no idea how he got the Massey column to bolt to the Case transmission top. The original Case column was laying on the ground beside the tractors day of sale.

Now that I think more. One tractor had an LA front axle with 18" wheels.

Upvote 0
I knew a.guy that put PS on two late DC4 tractors. He used parts from Massey 410 combines. He removed the original steering column and replaced it with the modified column from the combine. I think the had a cylinder under the tractor to steer. He added a.belt driven pump to the engine with a hole cut in the hood for the pump. I have no idea how he got the Massey column to bolt to the Case transmission top. The original Case column was laying on the ground beside the tractors day of sale.

Now that I think more. One tractor had an LA front axle with 18" wheels.
That’s kinda what I’m looking for but powering it from the hydraulics

Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back