Added a Case Power Steering unit to my 411

Hello all,

It has been a while sense I posted anything. I would love to get some help, direction, advise and warnings for the following.

I have a Case 411 - for a year now - it has treated me very well.

I have a Case 400 series Power Steering that I want to put on my tractor. It weighs about 15 million pounds but I am not going
to let that bother me. I just need some advise as to how to go about putting it on in the safest way possible.

I have an owners manual, but I am betting there are a lot of tricks out there that I could really use(that aren't in the manual)

I am VERY mechanically inclined,
ANY tips, tricks and safety advise you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

JoeyPorkChops

I am not sure what the Front Tub means.

If by Front Tub you mean the crazy heavy orange thing that the power steering runs up through to the shaft toward the driver and down to the wheels (eventually) and it looks like something a person could hang front weights on then yes I have that.

The steering box is bolted to it and the pump is just laying in it right now
(I know I need to bolt that to the engine) right by the water pump.

There is a you tube of a 400 with an install of an electric power steering unit off a Prius. Maybe not original, but maybe a lot less work.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back