(quoted from post at 16:06:29 11/27/23) Also, make sure you have the plug wire
order correct. Someone else on here will
tell you for sure, but I'm pretty sure
the 600 and 800 series firing order is 1-
2-4-3, unlike the much more common 1-3-4-
2.
It's common to find tractors with the 1-
2-4-3 firing order with the 2 and 3 leads
swapped by someone who didn't realize
this: I've bought a couple of Fordsons
cheap because the PO did that and
couldn't figure out what was wrong.
They'll still (surprisingly) run like
that, but very poorly. I think the rotor
turns CCW in that dizzy (I could be
misremembering - crank with the cap off
to check). If I'm right, the leads should
go 1-2-4-3 in counter-clockwise order.
(quoted from post at 17:50:18 11/27/23) what do u mean by dead cylinder? you have compression and spark u say.
I'll give it a try, Thanks!(quoted from post at 19:00:06 11/27/23) Hello sm welcome to YT! I am will add a second to
Skippers post on the vacuum leak. Spray starting fluid,
carb cleaner or direct an unlit propane torch toward
the mating area of the manifold and head. A change in
the engine sound would signify a vacuum leak. Of
course not discounting what the others are suggesting
either.
We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.
Copyright © 1997-2025 Yesterday's Tractor Co.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy