Dearborn two way plow

Found a Dearborn #10-14 two way plow on my
local Craig's list asking for $200, is that reasonable ?
Also the pics don't show much in the grass
anyone here know about the operation and set up
and possibly some clear pics to share ?
On another note I also found an off brand single
plow with no coulter for $100 thinking of $75 offer on that one
Thoughts and experiences welcome and needed

Thanks ....Cliff

I don't know anything about the two ways Cliff but I think
I have seen others post on here that they are not usable
without all the brackets. If that is right you would want to
verify that they are all there and included.

$75 to $100 for a single in usable condition would be fair in
my part of the country. I have a single 16 inch with no coulter.
Works fine behind my N's for doing garden work, etc.

(quoted from post at 20:24:15 07/22/16) I don't know anything about the two ways Cliff but I think
I have seen others post on here that they are not usable
without all the brackets. If that is right you would want to
verify that they are all there and included.

$75 to $100 for a single in usable condition would be fair in
my part of the country. I have a single 16 inch with no coulter.
Works fine behind my N's for doing garden work, etc.

Thanks Royse; The two way has some brackets and arms on top of it in the pics I'll have to go look at it in person I guess,
the single is looking like the better of the two as I really don't have a lot of ground to work and it's all flat.
I read somewhere that the two way was for hilly ground
guess some more research is needed..... 8)

Thanks Hobo; looks like it would be a nice rig to have
if it's all there, then I just gotta sell the wiffle
the idea on the cost... :roll:

HiYa Cliff-
I have 3-1/2 Dearborn 10-14 Two-way Plows -what do want to know? I can send you links to another ford tractor web site that has all the original manuals for FREE download...my email is open. Now, these plows require some parts that are only unique to them. First, you need to have the Left and Right brackets that mount on the rear by the PTO shaft. These hold the special lift arms that also are unique to this plow. These parts are essential to operating this plow correctly otherwise forget it. If they are included, $200 is a steal. If the plow has the original coulters too, that would be a big plus. There is also a special eyebolt adjusting wrench that is held onto the frame with a big wing nut. You can use a standard crescent wrench or a 1-7/16" open end wrench but the original has the handle wedged to use as a pry bar when adjusting. Not essential, but finally there was a special transport lock device so you could raise both bottoms while in transport mode. This item is extremely rare...

A no name 1 bottom plow may be a waste trying to get parts for. 1-bottoms are good for small gardens but if not a Ferguson-Sherman or Dearborn or M-F, think twice...

(quoted from post at 16:36:43 07/23/16) HiYa Cliff-
I have 3-1/2 Dearborn 10-14 Two-way Plows -what do want to know? I can send you links to another ford tractor web site that has all the original manuals for FREE download...my email is open. Now, these plows require some parts that are only unique to them. First, you need to have the Left and Right brackets that mount on the rear by the PTO shaft. These hold the special lift arms that also are unique to this plow. These parts are essential to operating this plow correctly otherwise forget it. If they are included, $200 is a steal. If the plow has the original coulters too, that would be a big plus. There is also a special eyebolt adjusting wrench that is held onto the frame with a big wing nut. You can use a standard crescent wrench or a 1-7/16" open end wrench but the original has the handle wedged to use as a pry bar when adjusting. Not essential, but finally there was a special transport lock device so you could raise both bottoms while in transport mode. This item is extremely rare...

A no name 1 bottom plow may be a waste trying to get parts for. 1-bottoms are good for small gardens but if not a Ferguson-Sherman or Dearborn or M-F, think twice...

Thanks for your reply Tim; I found the manual download and it
told me a lot, I also found a guy who is giving free auto cad downloads for laser cutting many parts that get lost, found a video that showed how it changes but nothing on it actually plowing, I hope to get out and see it in person soon, got a few irons in the fire this week .....Literally.. I'm a blacksmith-blade smith and machinist either too busy or wishin I was.... :roll:

George Bradish, Latrobe, PA sells new repop and NOS and used parts- he use to sell reproduction arms and brackets but hasn't in years due to costs. You can try him for some used parts...

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back