Decorah Eagle Cam I have a Question

Adirondack case guy

I have been checking in on the nesting eagle each day for about 2 weeks. The hen stands up and repositions herself, but I have never seen any sign of food in the nest, which leads to my question. Does her mate bring her food, and at what time of day does that happen.
We don't have a lot of eagles around here.
Loren, the Acg.

I live about 15 miles away from them. I haven't visited the site lately but wasn't there a question and answer section on there? Will have to look.

The female & male will share incubation. It doesn't take long for them to switch, easy to miss. I watch 3 to 5 cams and often see a dead critter on edge of nest. Getting close to hatching time.

I turned them on a couple weeks ago and almost immediately you could see something coming toward the nest from down below in the farm field. Quickly became obvious it was the other eagle. It landed on the nest with a lot of grass. The bird on the eggs got up and promptly flew off and the new arrival settled onto the nest.

So, yes...they share incubation duty.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back