DELCO-REMY 10-SI ALTERNATOR

OK - a few commented that the DELCO 10-SI ALT was never made for GM. So who was the supplier and is there any data to back that up?

Tim Daley (MI)
I don't ever remember it being said that Delco didn't make the 10SI alternators for GM. Was it said the three-wire Delco 10SI was not made for GM? Or was it said Delco never made a 10SI one-wire for GM? My understanding is that the latter is correct, that the 10SI one-wire alternator was not a Delco Remy product for GM. I have seen it questioned if DR made any 10SI one-wire alternators or if those are all aftermarket units.

I don't ever remember it being said that Delco didn't make the 10SI alternators for GM. Was it said the three-wire Delco 10SI was not made for GM? Or was it said Delco never made a 10SI one-wire for GM? My understanding is that the latter is correct, that the 10SI one-wire alternator was not a Delco Remy product for GM. I have seen it questioned if DR made any 10SI one-wire alternators or if those are all aftermarket units.
This Service Bulletin indicated tht GM did make a One-Wire 10SI
1711663942149.png

This Service Bulletin indicated tht GM did make a One-Wire 10SI
View attachment 64690
Interesting, good info. Thank you for posting it. I can't say I have ever seen that one wire type 116 10SI.

Aside from this one, I should have chosen my words better. I know DR made larger frame alternators that were/are one wire. Those were/are usually found on medium and heavy trucks and on equipment. The 27SI type 200 had a plug that could be pulled and turned to change the output, similar to what this one appears to have.

Pertaining to Tim's question on the 10SI never being made for GM, is there any info on this 10SI type 116 being installed on GM vehicles and which ones?

Interesting, good info. Thank you for posting it. I can't say I have ever seen that one wire type 116 10SI.

Aside from this one, I should have chosen my words better. I know DR made larger frame alternators that were/are one wire. Those were/are usually found on medium and heavy trucks and on equipment. The 27SI type 200 had a plug that could be pulled and turned to change the output, similar to what this one appears to have.

Pertaining to Tim's question on the 10SI never being made for GM, is there any info on this 10SI type 116 being installed on GM vehicles and which ones?
Lessons Learned

OK - a few commented that the DELCO 10-SI ALT was never made for GM. So who was the supplier and is there any data to back that up?

Tim Daley (MI)
From reading the article back in the day we replaced the stator with 63 amp stators there were no reasons to stock different stators. All that required a stator went out the door as 63 amps. I would think you will find that across the board on rebuilt units. Cars that used a 10ND converted to 10SI all we did was jump the voltage regulator connector 1 to 3 and 2 to 4 and add a 10SI connector at the alt. They offered a 15V regulator I don't remember installing one.

I don't know of any GM car/truck that came from the factory with a one wire 10SI.
That does not mean Delco never made a one wire 10SI.
They were just used on marine and stationary industrial motors.
I seem to remember the "one wire" being a "marine" application initially. But then again.......:unsure:

Mercury Marine teamed up with GM to create a marine version of the 4.7L V-6 engine. My father-in-law had a boat with that engine, but that was 20+ years ago and I don't remember what alternator it had. I think it was called the "Mercruiser".

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back