Did I avoid getting ripped off?

34Case

I posted for sale a 1955 140W Case baler for sale on the classifieds in here. The next day I got a text, I1955 Case W 140 Hay baler $900 still available I texted yes They texted, In a call restricted area, when was it last used I texted back 6yrs ago. They texted back, ok good i will arrange for the inspection can we discuss the payment and pick up arrangement. Cause I have an OLD flip phone on which its hard and slow to text, I texted, call back at 6 Thats the last I heard from them. They didnt call. Whaddia ya think??

I have gotten the same text on a couple of things that I have listed for sale. I ask them to call me on the phone and they text that they cant. I just tell
them its been sold already

Probably a scam or robo text. I get those
too. If I text someone or get a text about
an item for sale, and they're a real person
that is interested, it's something like
this.... I'm interested in your Case baler.
When is a good time to call?

How can they do a text if they cannot call? Only way I have heard to make a text is a smart phone. I do not have text set up on my phone and don't want it.

There would have been several more points during the process where you would have to say, "Wait, woah, this isn't right," before you actually got scammed.

Most likely this was the typical cashier's check scam, where they send a cashier's check for way more than the agreed price of your machine. "Oops!" You cash the check, keep a little extra for your trouble, and pass the rest on to a third party. Only to find out 3 days later the cashier's check is a fake and you're on the hook for the whole amount!

Usually they never show up to take the machine. They're after the cash.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back