Diesel additive

brentb

Member
I have been doing some reading about diesel fuel additives and I am more confused than ever. I have a 1370 that I only use a few times a year and was wondering if I need to use any fuel additives. And if so what is the best. Thanks
 
I use additive year around and add to every tankful, I like Standyne best but in a pinch I will use Howes also, with todays dry fuels I feel it is a must, and never forget to check the water traps at fill up also although mine seldom have more than a drop or two in them I still check them cnt
 
A quart of 2 stroke oil in every fill up is cheap insurance. In studies I have read it fared better than any of the special "additives" when it comes to improving lubricity.
 
ATF has lots of additives and 2 stroke oil is pretty much additive and detergent free. We always used 20wt non detergent in our 2 strokes anyway as it was much cheaper than buying those cute little cans and bottles.

Jim
 
2 stroke is $12 a gallon, ATF is about the same.... "friction modifiers" and some of the other additives concerned me in the ATF.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top