Diesel over-running - throttle?

flyingace

Member
I have my 3000 diesel apart, so thought I'd pick brains about this while I have better access.

I can't seem to control the RPM once the tractor is at opertating temp. It will run at high RPMs even if I put the throttle at idle. I have to put the engine under a load to get the engine to slow down. Seems to happen more after going downhill. I have the Simms injector pump.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
 
Have you been changing the oil regularly in that simms pump? If not, try changing that oil first (same oil as you're using in the motor.
 
(quoted from post at 12:50:49 04/29/12) Have you been changing the oil regularly in that simms pump? If not, try changing that oil first (same oil as you're using in the motor.

I keep the oil changed in the pump. However, it was bone dry when I bought the tractor. Below is a pic of the top of the pump. I've alway wondered if something is missing, but it's hard to tell from the parts diagram if that's true.

7513.jpg
 
(quoted from post at 17:04:59 04/29/12) Where is the cable that comes from the throttle hooked?? Where is the stop cable hooked? I don't see them hooked up?
Keith

The throttle cable is behind the pump. I removed the fuel shut-off cable to take off the sheet metal.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top