Disappointed with Roll Call

_Mark_

I was a little disappointed with roll call a couple of weeks ago on here.Where are all the Massey 92s at.My grandfather had one in the 60s thru 70s in western Kansas.I did notice a super 92 listed on here but his was a regular.When i win the lottery and can buy back his farm, the fist thing i buy will be Massey 92 LOL.Many fond memories riding on the back above the gas tank cutting wheat.And up front when dad was driving don't know how hard they were to work on.Do know my dad fixed everything never sent to a shop.

Last one around I seen was at a retirement sale about 20 years ago,, it did bring 950 or 1000 at the sale, we also had a Super 92 with a dsl engine at the shop in 1968 we took on trade and sold it an one other that cut a few acres for us in 1967 are the only three I have ever seen here
cnt

Too big for western ohio, Normal was a 72. Think I might have see 1 or 2 82 and no 92 in my 74 years on the farm. Several 35's and older Clipper SP machines or pull type of 35 or clipper. I had both a Clipper SP and 35 SP.

I bought a S 92 about 6 years ago, pickup, no straight head, cab, new drive tires. I have used it a couple of times combining oats, works good, a bit light on power if you have the chopper on.

They are hard to work on but they were the last good Massey combine made. I know were there is at least half a dozen of them around here in various conditions. I could find more if I start looking around.

And a complete farm and a big one was 120 acres total. Lots af 80 acre farms at that time. That 180 acres was equivilent to 2 full farms here at that time. And wheat was about 1/6 of the farm acreage so the 120 acre farm had in the range of 20 acres of wheat. When that 92 was built the norm size here was 5 or 6 foot cut depending on brand with the AC 60 being the most popular followed by a John deere 12A combine, others in that size in smaller amounts.

I have a Super 92 Diesel, in France, with 10 feet header with pick up reels and a variable speed tresher drive that looks factory. Unit has also a Record Straw chopper. I have never use it, but I bet that in 160BPA Wheat, the straw chopper on and unloading on the go, that 6.305 will be humming pretty good.

I believe I might own one now. Dad passed away last year and I know there is a Massey combine at the farm in Western Montana but I can't remember if it is a 92 or not. Same era though. He used it to combine oats for next year's seed. Open station. He said it would run the bowl out of gas on the one steep section of the field so he could only go up so far with it. He'd have to come down the hill from the other direction to finish that area off. I'll know what I have this summer when I move back home.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back