Distributor advice needed

DD in WA

I need a new distribtor for my '42 H. Am I better off buying a new one like YT or Reliable Aftermarket sells for around $100, Steiner sells for something like $300 or should I look for a used one on Ebay. What has been your experience with any of these options? Many thanks.

Never used one. On this site under a H I would want more details. They list 2 new ones in different paragraphs but have the same number on both. Listing can't fit all the tractors listed. Some are clockwise rotation and others counterclockwise. Some used a different advance.

Used ones may have two issues needing assessment. The centrifugal advance springs and pivot rivets, and the bushings. If rebuilt it should be fine. Jim

jp is a well know ih only dealer of salvage parts he have access to machine shop facilities he regularly rebuilds parts and has them on the shelf good day sir

I've dealt with J.P. tractor salvage and was happy with the parts I got from them. Easy to work with also. Have dealt with them a couple times in the past. Another when he is there is Harvey Gross He has a lot of IH parts along with some others. Last He told me he was looking at retireing so not sure if he is still going to be there. I know he closes in the fall for the winter.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back