Distributor and electronic ignition for TEA

John(Ont)

Just for info, if anyone with a TEA is looking for a new distributor with or without electronic ignition installed, the unit in the attached link may be what you want. Cheaper than the Pertronix kit and includes a new distributor based on the Lucas distributor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferguson-Tractor-TEA-20-1947-56-Electronic-Distributor-/180706694056?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CommercialVehicleParts_SM&hash=item2a12f553a8

Don't know if the company has one for the TO tractors, but they make them for many applications which can be found in their store.

Less than US$100 for a new distributor with electronic ignition! That is very reasonably priced!

Anyone have any experience with them? Quality? Reliability?

Thanks

Bob in Oz

John

I sent an email to John (UK) to see if he has heard of them. I find it very hard to believe one can buy a quality new distributor, with electronic ignition, for under 100 bucks! I have a spare Lucas distributor for the TEA20 with conventional points and I think it cost more than $100 to completely recondition.

At that price I'd buy one just to try it!

The XKE/E Type Jag already has Petronix ignition and it performs faultlessly, the same as the TEA20 ignition. :lol:

Bob in Oz
'53 TEA20

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back