Does anybody remember the Oliver dealer in Sumter, South Carolina?

I know this is a long shot, but I'm a fairly young antique tractor enthusiast, so I really have no memoires of old dealers. My grandmother had an uncle who farmed only with Oliver / Hart Parr from the 1930s-1960s. He never sold any of his old tractors, but sadly that collection was sold in the 1980s before I was even born. I have seen pictures of some of his Oliver 66s and 77s.. But my grandmother said all of uncle Bill's tractors came from a dealer right there in Sumter, South Carolina, where he had his cotton operation. I have no clue if this dealer switched to White equipment when Oliver was dropped by WFE in the 1970s. Uncle Bill quit farming in the late sixties I think, so whether this dealer closed shop or went on to sell White field bosses didn't get passed down to me since he was out of farming by this point. I looked on the Oliver dealer registry online and this dealer isn't mentioned, so if any of the kind folks here remember it or its name at all, I just think it would be cool to know, since my dad has childhood memories around uncle Bill and his Olivers that came from this forgotten dealer.. Thanks in advance!

I don't know, however looking at a digital google archive of the Sumter Item newspaper dated April 28, 1967 gave me an advertisement from McLaurin-Nettles Inc. located at 12 E. Hampton. Hope this helps.

Mclaurin-Nettles Inc.jpg

I don't know, however looking at a digital google archive of the Sumter Item newspaper dated April 28, 1967 gave me an advertisement from McLaurin-Nettles Inc. located at 12 E. Hampton. Hope this helps.

View attachment 72127
WOW!

THANK YOU! I'm a little excited because Nettles was the Sumter IH dealer there when my dad was a kid. They must've switched from Oliver to IH when WFE dropped Oliver.. My grandpa bought a 424 diesel from Nettles in the early 1980s.. Sure is cool to see this ad from there. Thank you

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back