Oliver 77 Row Crop Serial Numbers

ASummers

New User
I recently bought a gas 77 RC as a 1951 model. The owner said his uncle had owned the tractor and told him it was a 1951. There is no serial number plate under the instrument panel but the three rivets are present - with no sign of damage or any plate ever being attached. The tractor is in original condition so I don't believe anyone could have removed the plate and it be left this clean. Were all Oliver 77s issued with an actual data plate? Is it possible the serial number is stamped into the frame, and if so where would I look? I would appreciate any help. Thanks, Allen

On a 51, the plate should be down on the right hand side, below the floor deck, just ahead of the brake cover. In front of the axle housing.

Would this location apply to all row crop 77s? I've seen pictures of data plates on 77s that were mounted with the three rivets under the steering console. Did the location of the serial number vary with certain model years? Thanks!

In general, the plate was moved up under the dash when they started using disc brakes. On the 77s, that would have been in early 52.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back