my old 9n is get'n over worked with the 640 down. I hope one of you guys have worked on this tranny. it"s a 4 speed off of a 640. I perchased a good 641 rear and tranny with a bad 2nd gear. My ring and pinion was shot, so I"m wanting to put the rear off the 641 on my 640. Now. the problem is the shaft out of my good 640 tranny is the old course spline and the 641 is the fine spline. we thought we might be able to take the shaft out of the 641 trans and other than the spline it would be the same. So there it is. Anyone know if I"m on the right track here? I would love some pointers on this one, like, can I get the tran shaft that comes out of the rear out without breaking trans from engine too. Thanks, Dale in VA.