Double step for Farmall 656

Ken SE WI

New User
I am looking for a double step for my Farmall 656 Hydro. At 85 years old it is getting too hard to get on the tractor. It carries my snow blower so it is even more difficult with additional clothes and Zero degree weather. I would appreciate any leads you could give. I've tried the internet but, so far, have had no luck. Thanks in advance.Ken

Ken,
Thanks. I don't know how I missed them. I called them and they confirmed that it will work. $575 is a little steep, however she did say that there is a dealer near me that carries their products, and often the dealer can give a better price than the company. So, I will try them.

Thanks again.

Ken, look at what they offer and just build it yourself or have a welding shop build one. Picture with measurements go a long way with a welding shop. Probably $150.00 at the welder.

$575 might seem high but whats the hospital bill going to cost if you slip and hurt your self? You cant take the $ with you, spend it as you need it to make your life better at enjoy running your tractor as long as you can!

Thanks guys. You bring up some excellent points. Whiskey, you are right about the medical aspect. I can't believe that aging can be such a pain. Twenty years ago I did not even need the one step that was already there. Now, here I am, a person who used to poke fun at those old men, and now I are one of them. Oh, well, there's not a lot to do about it. Thanks again for the ideas. Ken

This is the Excel cab step for my 656d Hydro. I gave $150 for the cab and mounts. Cab being refurbished now.
cvphoto113670.jpg

Yea really , gess i will bet that you could get a local welding shop to build something for a LOT less , yea i know steel prices are up but come on get real.

I bought a set of K&M steps for my Dad's 806, when he had trouble getting up the IH ones. The steps gave him several more years of using the tractor. Well worth the money.

(quoted from post at 21:31:44 01/10/22) Yea really , gess i will bet that you could get a local welding shop to build something for a LOT less , yea i know steel prices are up but come on get real.

I don't think K&M has raised prices on their steps. Seems like they have been around the $600 mark right along.

But around here a welding shop is going to want about $100 an hour plus materials. Plus they have to design it. Won't take long to burn through $600, and if they're the typical hackjob welder we have around here, they'll fall off the first time you try to use them.

I did not see 656 covered in the just arrived 2022 Shoup catalog but most prices are above 500 dollars. I doubt that even the Mennonite or even Amish (yes, Amish) shops could do it for much under 400 dollars. They are pretty good to make sure all time spent on a job is properly charged. This includes walking out back to the rack, cutting, forming, and welding. You painting or are they? I saw one at an auction for IH but did not have time to figure out just what it fit but should have bought it anyways for 175 dollars.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back