drive over fender trailer

Drive over fenders are for driving over not transport. Correct tongue weight is how to decide where to park your tractor.
I don't think anybody here recommended leaving the tractor sitting only on the fenders for transport. As I recall I said many tractors would only be sitting on the fenders by 1-2" on each side, such as an M narrowed all the way up with the wheels dished out. Just driving over them would be hairy.

I don't think anybody here recommended leaving the tractor sitting only on the fenders for transport. As I recall I said many tractors would only be sitting on the fenders by 1-2" on each side, such as an M narrowed all the way up with the wheels dished out. Just driving over them would be hairy.
ok, so its 101.5 inches wide then whats all the fuss about? i did not see that posted in the original question. any farmall M will fit inbetween them fenders without driving on them. them farmall's are like 80 inches wide with the hubs dished in as most are. like always lack of info causes posts from heck and back. so the answer to his question is no, drive it on forward to get proper weight distribution. as as already said the rear tires should be in the center on both trailer axles for correct distribution. i have hauled many a tractor on different trailers. and the guy must have his tractor hauled by now.

ok, so its 101.5 inches wide then whats all the fuss about? i did not see that posted in the original question. any farmall M will fit inbetween them fenders without driving on them. them farmall's are like 80 inches wide with the hubs dished in as most are. like always lack of info causes posts from heck and back. so the answer to his question is no, drive it on forward to get proper weight distribution. as as already said the rear tires should be in the center on both trailer axles for correct distribution. i have hauled many a tractor on different trailers. and the guy must have his tractor hauled by now.
The overall trailer width is 101.5 inches. Between the fenders is still only 82 inches.

The "fuss" is about: An M with the hubs dished out is at least 84 inches wide. They will NOT fit between the fenders. You've got three choices:
1. Back the tractor on and park the rear wheels ahead of the fenders. (IMHO the best option, explained above)
2. Drive the tractor on and park the rear wheels behind the fenders. (NOT an option, too tail heavy unless the tractor has a loader)
3. Drive the tractor on and park the rear wheels ON the fenders. (Really need blocking to park the tractor on, looks kinda sketchy)

Really, there is no fuss. It's clear you don't understand the question and I'm just tryin' to help. I assume you've never seen or heard of "drive-over fenders" before, but they do make such trailers. They're popular for hauling off-road vehicles.

The overall trailer width is 101.5 inches. Between the fenders is still only 82 inches.

The "fuss" is about: An M with the hubs dished out is at least 84 inches wide. They will NOT fit between the fenders. You've got three choices:
1. Back the tractor on and park the rear wheels ahead of the fenders. (IMHO the best option, explained above)
2. Drive the tractor on and park the rear wheels behind the fenders. (NOT an option, too tail heavy unless the tractor has a loader)
3. Drive the tractor on and park the rear wheels ON the fenders. (Really need blocking to park the tractor on, looks kinda sketchy)

Really, there is no fuss. It's clear you don't understand the question and I'm just tryin' to help. I assume you've never seen or heard of "drive-over fenders" before, but they do make such trailers. They're popular for hauling off-road vehicles.
ooh wow, now you agree with me. thats what i was saying all along. thank -you.

Can you haul a Farmall m on a 22ft drive over fender trailer rated at 14K? Would you be able to back it on and would the weight be distributed correctly?
My Trailer is a Bumper pull Trailer, deck is 21' 10" long. Tandem 7200 axles eight studs wheels, 14 ply tires. Run 85 psi air. W9 is parked with rear tires in center of Trailer tandem axle. W9 is 86" long center of rear Axel to center of front spindles. Width between trailer fenders is 79". W9 loaded on trailer with 16.9 X 34 rubber allows for only 1 1/2" clearance between each fender and rear Tires . Center of Trailer tandem axles to rear of deck is 8' 11"

When I load the WD9 with 18.4 X 34's, I install BLOCKS, so as rear Tires clear top of fenders. Blocks are 46" long,12" high and 12" wide. I install blocks after front axle of WD9 is past center of Trailer tandem axles.

2" X 4" blocks are attached to the Trailer deck,both in front of the Blocks as well as at the rear and inboard side of the blocks.
The same blocks used to raise rear tires of my 1959 DEUTX Tractor with18.4 X 34's loaded with Calcium Chloride.

Tow vehicle, is a 2006 Dodge four door 3500 long box single rear tires auto, Cummins. Weight of W9????? IHC rear weights, as well as loaded with calcium Chloride.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back