Early 5000 P/S

working on the frankien5000 again. Got the pump and remote reservoir put on and plumbed. Cranked her over and blew oil out of the ram pressure and return line. most of the oil managed to end up in the 2nd and 3 drawer of dads tool box🤬 needless to say after i cleaned up the mess.. Im wondering if anyone has a source for the steering ram lines on one of these early 5000's or am I going to have to try and braze em up.. so far all the leaks are on the tube portion..

Braze it if you can
New lines are not available
I’ve used brake tubing adapted to a hydraulic line for the pressure side, brake tubing and a rubber hose can be used on the return

Thank you for sharing this. I have loose plans to revive the ps system on my tractor, and will now set up a shield in case of leaks.
yup it came from the left side across behind the fan over the lower radiator hose and all over dads tool box about 4 feet to the right of the tractor.. when i test it again ill have a deflector up ..

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back