Electrolysis revisited again

flashback

Member
Lets go over some electrolysis facts. I have a constant 12 volts at 10 amps going to the system with the positive to the outside and the negative connected to the piece to be cleaned. I have 25 gals of water in which i placed 25 tablespoons of sodium carbonate. The positive side hasa two strips of steel opposite each other with the piece to be cleaned hanging between thm. What and when can I expect anything to happen. the current causes the water to move around ccwise but no bubbles. Please enlighten me as to the correctness and what results should be when. Jack
 
Hmm, should be working ok, sounds like you have done it correctly to me. Try putting the part closer to the anodes. Generally increases the current flow and hence - bubble action!
God Bless,
Rex
 
The size and cleanliness of the annode is crucial to how it works.

I hadn't realized how significant this was until I started puttering around with it more based on the advise I got here because of my lousy initial results (tried a piece of rebar as the annode at first).
 
would more anodes make thew system work better? Must the anode be the same size (length) as the diode. Would extra metal hanging in the solution be better? Read all the other stuff but my brain just doesnt compute unless it is a direct statement. Jack
 
BTDT! Just use vinegar & water. You don't have to clean all connections. Try side by side containers and keep track of time spent on electr. vs throwing in bucket of vinegar. Let us know!!!
Led
 
man o man- I thought this was gonna be a discussion about how to remove the hair from my ears, or women discussing brazilians....
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top