Electronic Ignition for 8N with front mount distributor

I put on the new electronic ignition and changed the plugs. What a great feeling to hear the tractor start again and purr like a cat. I would like to thank all the help I have recieved especially Andy who I bought the kit from. If you have any problems with your distributor on a front mount, I believe going to the electronic ignition is the way to go. If you have any questions, contact Andy (918-274-8000). Again thanks to everyone involved.
 
Don't you think it's a bit rude to post the competition's phone number on this site?

YT, our gracious host, sells the same kit.
 
Bob...I think he is referring to Andy at Genesee,which probably is where YT get's their kits.
Andy helps lots of folks get their EI installed. don b
 
Rude? Good Grief!! That's like saying you can't mention John Deere on this 8N site. Afterall people can choose to buy their parts wherever they want.
 
Back to the basic question: Do you know for sure it helped? It seems to me when things are right with my front mount, nothing could help it...purrs like a kitten...works like 20 mules. Is it longer lasting? Makes you feel better? Less maintenance? What? I have thought about doing it but need a good reason.
 


Ricky, I'm glad to hear you made the choice to go 12 volts with electronic ignition. When I gave you Andy's phone number for you to contact, didn't know it would create some stir of competition.

I made the switch in 2003 after some serious consideration to go 12 volts. I'm glad I did, as it eliminates the old 6 volt coil and pints, which always been a headache to get "just" right.
Now I don't have to worry about the..imfamous coil, points, failing to start on a cold day, or driving several hundred miles trying to locate a 6 volt battery that will fit. There are many more advantages to switch...
 
All I know right now is it started right away and runs good. I will try to test it as far as getting hot when we shred with it. I have spent a lot of money on the old system and had a lot of headaches. So far so good. Thanks!!
 
I REALLY appreciate THIS site, PAID FOR by our hosts, who sell tractor parts.

It just seems "out of place" to steer folks somewhere else, for the same parts that are sold here.
 
Is not not true that this site AND the "other" folks BOTH sell the same Pertronix kits???
 
My point was, since the same kits are sold HERE, folks don't need to be "steered" to another site to buy them.
 
Bob...I agree with you on that.I think he was just bragging about all the help he got from Andy,not trying to steer others to buy from them. don b
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top