Engine replacement for LT155

This message is a reply to an archived post by Gaulfing on August 26, 2008 at 20:38:17.
The original subject was "Engine replacement for LT155".

Well it happened to my LT155 also. The engine died.
Should I buy another or just switch to a Honda?

(quoted from post at 19:53:00 11/05/10) This message is a reply to an archived post by Gaulfing on August 26, 2008 at 20:38:17.
The original subject was "Engine replacement for LT155".

Well it happened to my LT155 also. The engine died.
Should I buy another or just switch to a Honda?

Define "died"...

The engine is not able to turn.
I took it back to the John Deere dealer and they said I need to buy a new short block for $800 plus of course their work to get it back...

(quoted from post at 09:53:23 11/06/10) The engine is not able to turn.
I took it back to the John Deere dealer and they said I need to buy a new short block for $800 plus of course their work to get it back...

Here's your chance to become a mechanic with no training and almost no cost. There's no bearings in there, no endplay to set, etc.. The most complicated thing in there is the throttle linkage. Take good pictures, videos, etc and pull the engine out. Most likely you ran low on oil and melted a con rod to the crank. If by some chance you break it loose, it will run, but eventually the rod will break and it will pop it out the side. Then you've got a boat anchor.

Take it apart and see what you see.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back