Estimated Weight

GL-AZ

New User
I'm looking to purchase a good power winch for the trailer I haul my YM2610D. This would be more for emergency break-down than regular use. What would the estimated weight be of my YM2610D with a bucket and gannon attached? Any recommendation on a particular winch?

Don't get less than a 10k lb winch. In theory a 5k would work, but things are never perfect in an emergency.

Last week hf was selling a 12,000# cable winch for $299.00. I can’t see buying anything less than the 12,000 winch.

I blew a chance to get a 20% off from my inside membership at HF over Memorial Day Weekend cause I wasn't sure how big I would need. Hopefully they'll do it again over July 4. Thanks.

I blew a chance to get a 20% off from my inside membership at HF over Memorial Day Weekend cause I wasn't sure how big I would need. Hopefully they'll do it again over July 4. Thanks.
1718552657195.png

This is the 2WD weight. You would need one capable of 20% more than the total weight of the YM2610D. I say this from experience.
Winches are rated about 4-inches of cable unspooled. The farther the cable is spooled out, the less weight the winch can move. Thus the 20% over total weight is factored in.

Should you need to pull the tractor up and onto a trailer, then add in another 10% of winch capability. Add in a safety factor of 5% and your winch needs to be a 4,000-lbs rated type.

The loader and other items attached would raise this considerably. 10K would be best as @MJMJ clearly stated.

View attachment 75323

This is the 2WD weight. You would need one capable of 20% more than the total weight of the YM2610D. I say this from experience.
Winches are rated about 4-inches of cable unspooled. The farther the cable is spooled out, the less weight the winch can move. Thus the 20% over total weight is factored in.

Should you need to pull the tractor up and onto a trailer, then add in another 10% of winch capability. Add in a safety factor of 5% and your winch needs to be a 4,000-lbs rated type.

The loader and other items attached would raise this considerably. 10K would be best as @MJMJ clearly stated.
first result from a search, (bloommfg.com site).

Understanding Winch Load Ratings​

Winch load ratings are often referred to as winch capacity and they indicate the maximum amount of force that the winch can exert safely. Winches are rated by their capacity to pull the maximum load with only the bottom layer of rope on the drum. Winch load ratings are typically measured in pounds or kilograms and exceeding the capacity can be dangerous and can damage your equipment.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back