exhaust valve seats

barnboyz

New User
currently working on 1941 9n serial #59777, after grinding the exhaust valve seats to remove deep pits, it was determined that they were too far oversize at the top for the exhaust valves to cover. has anyone replaced these before? i see the procedure calls for drilling into the old and splitting them in order to remove, and then freezing the new in dry ice and driving the replacements back into the original bores, i,m wondering if i can do this or do i have to send it out. i have valve seat equipment to do the finishing if i can get old out and new in place.
 
You could take out the old seats with a chisil, tipping out with a rag over the top because they will splinter and get into your eyes but I would have a machine shop install new seats with the next oversize cutter so you will have the right press fit, 6 or7 thousandths press
 
(quoted from post at 14:51:07 11/02/09) currently working on 1941 9n serial #59777, after grinding the exhaust valve seats to remove deep pits, it was determined that they were too far oversize at the top for the exhaust valves to cover. has anyone replaced these before? i see the procedure calls for drilling into the old and splitting them in order to remove, and then freezing the new in dry ice and driving the replacements back into the original bores, i,m wondering if i can do this or do i have to send it out. i have valve seat equipment to do the finishing if i can get old out and new in place.

Call me and I will walk ya thru it,,, you will need to make a driver to install the new seats are take a chance on crack'n them any other way.
919-776-8821

are sublet it out it should not B that much to have a pro do it. Make sure that it does have harden seats,,, I ran into one that did not and almost messed the block up try'n to get them out (no seat their the seat was part of the block),,, I do it the way the I&TF04 recommends

SBI # for the seats
exh) SB1348E-1N
int) SB1625-1

WARNING :!: all I know I read on the Internet,,, do it enuff and you can become a guru also,,, not responsible for damages,,, I read it and just pass it along,,, proceed with caution
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top