experts on cub hyd pump?

jeff 262

New User
Cub 3235 lawn mower: It lost all hyd. power. I took pump apart the gerotor gear was broke, I replaced it, put it back togethter this morning still no power. Is my pump shaft bad or maybe it needs a bypass kit? It free-wheels all the time now with the bypass valve open or closed. It snowing here (Wi) this morning so I guess I have all winter to work on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks jeff 262
 
Did you clean all the fragments of the failed pump out of the system after the pump failure? Need to flush system and change oil and filter usually when component failure like this occurs. May have trash under the valves.
 
Gene I am really not sure how to flush the system. I am taking out the check valve plugs and running the tractor and trying to clean the valves with a magnet. I am getting very little oil coming from the valves. I have two larger valves on each side I am going to try next. Is this the right way to flush the system? I guess I should pull the lines off and flush them too. Thanks for anymore help to save an expensive trip to the cub dealer. jeff262
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top