F-20 Generator

I picked up one the factory style generator setups that bolts to the frame rail on a F-20. I have a few questions about it. How were they wired? There is no regulator with it and dont believe they had one, did they just charge all the time? There is a guage above it, is that the way they came? Also anyone know the belt length? Thanks Paul

(quoted from post at 10:09:47 09/07/08) I picked up one the factory style generator setups that bolts to the frame rail on a F-20. I have a few questions about it. How were they wired? There is no regulator with it and dont believe they had one, did they just charge all the time? There is a guage above it, is that the way they came? Also anyone know the belt length? Thanks Paul

the only 'factory' generator setups were the inline style between the mag and the gov housing

most of those old generators used a cutout on them to regulate.

when I say a factory style I was was talking a factory aftermarket style with the cast iron brackets, maybe heisler? style used with the starter kits?

Paul,
I have a set of those brackets, but no generator. I have been looking for a generator for some time now. Can you post any information from your genny? I am looking for make, model number, voltage, and spacing between the mounting bolt and adjusting bolt. I have a pile of generators that don't fit.

there is no tag or information on the generator. Id guess its 6 volt. Outside to outside of the lower mounts is 7 inches. sorry I cant be more help. Paul

(quoted from post at 11:57:38 09/08/08) Paul,
I have a set of those brackets, but no generator. I have been looking for a generator for some time now. Can you post any information from your genny? I am looking for make, model number, voltage, and spacing between the mounting bolt and adjusting bolt. I have a pile of generators that don't fit.

ive got the in-line setup, and the setup which bolts on the head up high under the hood and has the double V pulley for the fan. the generator on that one is a spittin image of a 46-48 chevy :D

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back