F12 Waukesha Serial Number

F12Waukie

New User
Im hoping that I can back into my F12s serial number with some help from folks who have a verified F12 Waukesha by using the Waukesha MOTOR serial number. Mine came from a Pennsylvania tractor junkyard which my grandfather and my dad (with us kids as helpers) got it running in the junkyard and drove out in @1976. So nearly 50 yrs later, Im picking up where it was left off and considering a complete restoration (including its actual serial number).
My Waukesha motor S/N is 306059 and it was manufactured in May 1933. If anyone has (or can give me leads on) a 1933 F12 Waukesha with a known history (and hopefully ID plates), it would be GREATLY appreciated! If possible I would like to get the serial number from both the tractor and the motor.
I was able to find a 1933 F12 Waukesha at the Rough & Tumble show this year with a tractor S/N of FS957 and a motor S/N of 303335 assembled Jan 1933. Doing the math (my motor S/N minus the one I found at the show) equals 2,724. To be honest I dont think there were that many F12 Waukesha tractors built. That also leads me to believe that possibly the Waukesha S/N is a code OR that Waukesha shipped a few of the FL6D motors elsewhere during that short production window.
Any help including Waukesha or IHC archive production records would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I'm thinking at best, even with great effort put into it, you'll be lucky to come up with a serial number that is even close to actual by going about it this way.

But I do know that F-20 serial numbers were in 3 places. Serial number plate, frame rail, and side of engine block. In most cases, the 3 locations had matching serial numbers. Not sure if F-12s sported a serial number elsewhere from the plate such as the frame rail like the F-20s did. But it would be worth checking into. The engine being supplied by Waukesha, I think would throw a kink into having any matching numbers there (side of block). If these engines were shipped to an assembly line, they may of been installed just however they got unloaded. Basically installed without any numerical order. Atleast within that group of a load. And maybe not even that.

There were only around 3000 built with Waukis until IH finally had their engine ready. I dont not know of any correlation between the IH numbers and Wauk numbers, but if you are right, that could very well be your number.

Per tractordata.com the Farmall (IH) f12 used a Waukesha 113 cid engine. Waukesha made 4 engines with that cid. The FL, FLJ and BD & BDA. All of the BD production, ~12,250, & 674 BDA engines were shipped to IH. IH bought 2,500 FL engines & 33 FLJ. The data available does not go back to 1933, so I cannot see what engine matches up to those s/n. Waukesha s/n were assigned by lot and build date. They would not be consecutive for IH. If you contact WEHS by email, we can send you more info on the FL & FLJ. Since the BD & BDA were IH only engines not much info is available except maybe thru IH.

Unfortunately Ol Rusty is 700 miles away from me in our family s equipment pole barn. If it were closer I would climb under it to inspect the frame rails as well as transmission housing for identification. Pursuant to that though, I have not found any indication that IHC stamped F12 serial numbers in anything other than the ID plate. From what I have read, that was a standard for newer model IHCs.

I'd check into it a little further on the
F-12 model. I know the regular had serial
number stampage on a frame rail. Different
location than F-20's. I'd be willing to bet
the F-30s were similar to the F-20's
multiple locations. I don't have one of
them to look at. And I'm pretty sure the
H's and M's had a serial number also
stamped on block, but not frame rail.

So, serial number in multiple locations was
not special to the F-20's or a newer/older
model or series. F-12s might of been an
exception. If no number on frame rail or
such, and equiped with a Waukesha engine,
maybe they are an exception. But I wouldn't
give up on this idea, unless you know for
sure. I don't have an F-12 to search over
for numbers. But would if I had one and was
wondering.

My F-12 Waukesha has engine S/N 304261 and tag states MAR 1933 (March). Tractor serial tag on the hood S/N 1969. Tractor built roughly mid-April 1933. I got some basic info. from Farmall
Originality GUIDE by Todd Markle & Oscar Will good luck!

Thanks to EVERYONE who has replied! If you have a 1933 F12 Waukesha, please consider replying with your tractor serial number (up to FS3034) and its corresponding Waukesha motor ID S/N and build date!
With a lot of digging around online I have been able to ascertain that my F12 was built toward the end of IHC s use of the Waukesha FL motor and is in the range of FS1970 to FS3034. Given that FS1970 s motor is stamped MAR 1933 with a believed tractor build date of APR 1933, my tractor would most likely be built between mid-May to mid-June.
I found another ancient post (2005) that indicates FS2803 has Waukesha S/N 306054 (mine is 306059ONLY 5 AWAY) and like mine is date stamped May 1933. In other words I m getting pretty darn close!!
This is like finding a needle in a haystack BUT if anyone has a 1933 F12 Waukie (or knows someone that does) PLEASE help me (and my F12 Waukie) by providing the corresponding IHC and Waukesha serial numbers.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back