Early Farmall Super C serial number tags

So I have a 1951 Farmall Super C s/n 104684 and I've noticed something with the s/n tag. All it has is the s/n and the rpm rating of 1815 below it. I have no clue why it isn't like our 1953 Super C's serial number tag where it has make & model, s/n and rpm rating. I have confirmed the rest of the tractor is a 1951 via the platform (casting date 2/28/51). It has a C-135 combine motor in it and I have no idea if the tin is original but I presume it is. The rear end/transmission casting date is 4/18/51. I did find online a 1950 Farmall C serial number tag that's similar. What I'm thinking Farmall/IH did during the transition period is use a basic serial number plate. Either that or it's so worn down the make & model section is gone. I don't know though, the torque tube housing (I think that's what it is at least) says 5/14/51. I'm 98% sure that everything but the motor is original though. I know for a fact that the front rims are though lol . Those things are beat to crap. When I restore her this winter she'll be show ready but she'll still have to earn her keep!

Just noticed your post on your SN plate question.
I restore or replace if necessary SN Plates for all makes of tractors and implements.
I replaced a plate for a Super C for a gent a couple years ago. Attaching a photo.
I have seen many SN Plates for IH tractors where the plate is worn completely bare and all that is showing is the stamped serial number and maybe the RPM. I suspect that is what happened in your case.

cvphoto156943.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back