F186 Continental in a 101??

stevieb49829

Does anyone know if a Continental F186 6 cylinder will fit where there was once an F162 4 cylinder in my 101 Jr? It appears there is a place to move the bellhousing further back in my frame. I think it will need a different clutch shaft, and maybe some pilot bearing work, but is that all? Does that turn my Jr. into a SR.? steve

Well Steve short answer is yes or it could be a super with a 6 cylinder as well. There are other differences Im sure and much more knowledgeable people on this subject than myself. Shouldnt be a hard thing to do. I thought your 101 was a decent running tractor.

The F186 will fit where the F226 and F244 do, like used in the MH 101 SENIOR models. The 101 SUPER models all used CHRYSLER industrial engines, with a different clutch bell housing assembly.

DT, this is an engine out of a genset. Do you know of any shortcomings this engine might have, other than lower compression, lower HP, and lower rpm than the 226 and 244? It looks similar in output to the F162 that was in this tractor originally. steve

No, I've only seen one other in a salvage yard years ago that was on LP gas. You MIGHT get by with the F162 flywheel, clutch, and bell housing if it fits.

DT, That WAS my concern, since I don't think the genset engine will be equipped with a clutch-type flywheel. Hopefully the one I have might fit, and still be balanced. Do you know if these F series Continentals are all internally balanced? steve

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back