Rich Taracka

New User
Perhaps the 1980"s John Deere F935 Front mower isn"t old enough to be talked about on here but I"m hoping the combined knowledge here could be of some help. My question involves the hydrostatic drive. When traveling uphill or even on level ground, the tractor will travel at only 4.5 mph. Downhill it goes the rated 11 mph. Does anyone know if there"s an adjustment to correct this or is the hydrostatic drive just worn out?
Thanks for any advice,
Rich
 
Have you tried an oil and filter change ?

I would suggest getting an original JD service manual for it. Or stop by a local dealer and see if they will let you read through theirs.
 
I figured it out. Some bozo installed a roll pin where a grade 8 bolt should go in the lever to transmission connection. Needless to say the roll pin sheared into three pieces causing lots of rotational freeplay which drastically reduced the travel causing top speed to be half of what it should be. So I installed the correct bolt, and machined a couple of new bushings for the rest of the linkage where they were worn and behold I have 10.5 MPH.
Rich
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top