Fall colors, Sassafras and Desert Sunset

Tgrasher

Case 300 pulling a wheat wagon along a river bluff on the farm. I had just finished sowing the wheat and was heading back home.
cvphoto165566.jpg

cvphoto165567.jpg

I had sassafras trees around when young. Grabbed a few leaves when near the fence row and chewed them to pulp. I always spit them out (seemed best) but enjoyed that, and the muted colors. Jim

I have no idea where my mother got it, but when I was a kid she had some dried sassafras bark that she (we) used to make sassafras tea. I haven't had any since I was a kid but I enjoyed it at the time.

Tom in TN

Still out there! Root bark is the source of the flavor, but when unprocessed has a toxin in it that is serious. Safrole, a compound that has been banned by the Food and Drug Administration. I we made tea about once every 2 years, so I didn't pass away. There are health food store sources with the toxin removed, and on line. Jim

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back