Fan shaft bevel gear

46chief

Can anyone tell me where I could find a bevel gear for a old model B john deere. John deere doesn't have it anymore and all I can find on the internet says serial number 201000 and beyond. My serial number is 15682 but the part numbers are the same.

B289R It is the same number for the higher number tractors as it is for the low but everything for sale says for numbers 201000 and beyond. Mine is way before that.
Hey, chief! I see you have settled in placing most of your post on the Restoration and Repair Tips forum. If you would make these post about your Deere in the YT “Manufacturer's” forum on the John Deere page I am guessing you would get a lot more views from JD folks. But you can post where you want, just trying to make a helpful suggestion.

Hey, chief! I see you have settled in placing most of your post on the Restoration and Repair Tips forum. If you would make these post about your Deere in the YT “Manufacturer's” forum on the John Deere page I am guessing you would get a lot more views from JD folks. But you can post where you want, just trying to make a helpful suggestion.
Thanks always willing to do something better.

B289R It is the same number for the higher number tractors as it is for the low but everything for sale says for numbers 201000 and beyond. Mine is way before that.

If I am reading the parts catalog correctly, gear set AB 1406 R has gears B 279 R and B 289 R in it. Gear set AB3706 (serial number 201000 and up) has gears B 289 R and B 2637 R in it.

A gear part number B 289 R should be the same regardless of serial number. It looks like the mating gear is what changed with the serial number break. If you just want a B 289 R gear, if you find one from either serial number range, it should work. If you want the gear set, you need the right gear set for the serial number range. Web searches using the part number B 289 R for the gear, or the gear set part number, AB 1406 R, turn up some possibilities.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back