Farmall 504 Gauges

None of the gauges work on the Farmall 504. I'd like at least temperature and oil pressure. (Original was a combination with idiot light for oil). suggestions?

Tach is probably the cable or drive gear at the bottom end. I would start there first. On the fuel gauge take the sender out and see if the needle moves with an OHM meter on it when you move the arm if it does then gauge maybe bad. To check that touch the hot wire to ground just an instant if the needle moves on the gauge then you have some bad connections if neither moves then time for a new gauge and sender. For the temperature gauge if it is a live/wet bulb gauge time for a new gauge if a sender and electric then test sender with an OHm meter as it warms up you should get a change on the meter if no change then test gauge for movement by touching wires together or to ground briefly if no movement again gauge and sender time. if one works you can replace just the one. Some of them are sort of matched et where both have to match up on resistance or wil not be accurate. I don't worry about accuracy on a fuel gauge just make it read right for the empty side. Never ran out on a full tank so if it only reads 3/4 when full as long as it reads right at the empty is all that matters. I used a generic sender in my 806 10 years or so ago . Dad asked if I wanted it so it read right at full or empty.I said how much do you want to walk. Ended right there for right on empty.

(quoted from post at 05:18:56 10/16/23) None of the gauges work on the Farmall 504. I'd like at least temperature and oil pressure. (Original was a combination with idiot light for oil). suggestions?

If you don't care if it's original, go to your favorite nearby auto parts store and pick up some generic 2" gauges.

heres my gauge setup , all good quality gauges , i no exactly what my motor is doing , forget all those hot/cold, red/green gauges , all junk , i even have a red low oil pressure light and a pressure guage , even put in a ignition on green light so i dont forget the key is left on
mvphoto110863.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back