Farmall C hydraulics progress pics

Just posting a few pictures showing how the Char-Lynn hydraulic set-up for the tractor is going.
Still some time for spring to arrive and the final install.
Axel cylinder mounts being fabricated for a lifting mechanism.
cvphoto148402.jpg

cvphoto148403.jpg

Looking GOOD!

I have 2 of the E-600 CharLynn units and should find something to do with them.

Did you come up with some new O-rings to seal the body sections?

Would be nice if you would post part numbers for those who may attempt to rescue these units in the future.

i have been using one of those for 40 pluss yrs now on a B with a loader i built. JUST clean the area and put it together
again replace the seal on the input shaft. HAD to make a mew shaft for the two-way lever. Thos are great units and will bring 500
easy today.

I would have powered it off the pto so the levers would be easier to use you are going to be running the unit way too fast as 700 rpms is plenty fast but you will be finding that out.

So far I've replaced the shaft seal and will use black silicon to seal the sections together.
The levers and ball ends are home made.
The Char-Lynn appears to be a very solid and well made unit, easy to maintain as well.
I tested the ergonomics from the seat and in this position its easy to operate the levers with my right hand while sitting on the seat.
I've reduced the speed to about about 450 rpm from the flat pulley drive by way of chain drive.
I wanted to keep the PTO free for future use.
Next steps are to mount the hydraulic cylinders from the axles.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back