Farmall F12 temperature gauge range

Does anyone know the range of a Farmall F12 temperature gauge? The needle must begin to move at a much lower temperature than a Farmall H or M gauge, as it reads the cool water entering the motor near the bottom of the radiator… I did contact Rochester, but their interest levels were low.
SadFarmall

Sad,

It?s not worth Rochester?s time to make a few gauges
Since it?s a family tractor spend the money and find a nos
Gauge I have to look I may still have a nos one last one I sold
I got $375-400 area for it

Ive had my 14 back since 99, and before that it was a family tractor. (Long story.) In all my years with that tractor, I have
never seen the temp had move, unless it was working, or there was a trash bag over the radiator front. I know it worked back in
2001 when I had to pull the head due to a stuck valve, because I put the bulb in hot water.

I might see if I can get the original repaired. Not much hope as it is jammed on the D of COLD and the capillary tube looks to be punctured in at least two places. My grandfather fitted one to his tractor in the late thirties. All I know about that, is that he noted in his diary that it made him realize he had been running the tractor too cold. Being Australia, a kerosene motor…
SadFarmall

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back