Farmall M #2 update

txdutchman

Been a while since I posted anything (or been on this page. It's been a very busy summer on the farm where I work.
But yesterday (Saturday morning) we woke up to rain and I had a little time to work on the second Farmall M. We had put new rod and main bearings in it earlier this year but had never got it put back together yet. One day this summer on a cooler then normal morning I was able to get it put back together but wasn't able to start it. Yesterday morning while it was cool and showering I took the mag off and checked the valves/ timing. Turns out I had the mag timed wrong. Fixed that and she started right up! Still don't have the radiator on it so I could only have it running for just a few minutes.
I hope we have some cooler Saturdays before harvest starts so I can get it all put together and maybe take it out to a show or something.
pictures

Took it all apart, cleaned it, checked it over best we could and put it back together. Won't know if it will hold water until we get the radiator on and run it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back