Farmall m belly pump to reservoir

Pull oil from the belly pump drain. Return it to the fill port on top.However,your suction is only going to be 1/2,so your hydralic flow will be compromised. Bset to add a seperate reservoir. Under the fuel tank is a good place.

Added live hyd to an H about 35 years ago. Used the belly pump for a reservoir for several years. Finally built a 7 gallon tank and mounted it to rear axle on right side of platform. Added a filter to line also. Also made a mount on top for hyd controls. Works fine

If you want to be carried away with this option there is a way to make the reservoir bigger by removing the pump from the reservoir and making a plate (3/8 steel) to cover the hole. TO create a better suction enlarge the drain hole to 1 inch pipe thread or drill and weld a one inch NPT coupling in the new plate, running the suction out the rear bottom through the tin access plate. Jim

Several ways to go. Picture shows one way, drilled and taped a 1-1/4 X one inch pipe threads on reservoir for suction. Used them with a 3/4 pipe thread hole drilled and taped at lower front of liftall unit like M&W used in some conversions. Or on ones that I may want to change back to look original make the drain hole 3/4 pipe thread and use it and a tee to plug one side for drain. Not many would notice a 3/4 plug instead of 1/2 if changed back. Usually, I go with a big suction hole, remove pump and valve parts from back plate. Put a expansion plug in drive shaft hole inside and out and reuse plate. Put 3/4 inch pipe threads in hole operating shaft used to go in and use as a return below the full oil level. Original side outlet holes can be pipe plugged or use as extra return line for a relief valve in needed or power steering ETC. Didn't do the return in picture like above because I added above for more oil. Can use about 2 gallons in a gutted housing and good for most hitches or trailing implements. Others will have good or better ideas. I get carried away with modifications sometimes.
mvphoto110685.jpg

My M has a Chaylynn block off plate that you remove
the bolt in belly pump section and bolt this plate on to
convert the pump housing to a reservoir. They are
probably scarce as hens teeth. One of these is shown
in a reply by Glenster in the old YT post I have linked.
The two way remote valve on my M is also Charlynn
brand as is the PS torque generator.
Older YT post

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back