Farmall M planting Beans with a McCormick 34 planter

I thought folks would like to see this. This is last year planting Pinto beans. The tractor is my 1946 M and the planter is a 1950? McCormick 6 row 22in planter.
It's amazing how the olds guys had it right. We have come full circle to pull type planters on narrow rows. I threw in a photo of my field level also. This year when I have to plant alfalfa I'll post pictures of my 1914 wheat planter with alfalfa seed boxes. I got it for $50 and it plants the best alfalfa.
In case your wondering, I do have newer equipment, 1974 JD 4430 and a 2006 JX95 but I use my favorite which is the M for everything it can be used for. It's a better tractor.

a107763.jpg

i5318.jpg

i5319.jpg

That is some beautiful equipment on what appears to be some pretty nice, flat ground. I do not believe the equipment made today will still be in use in 50+ years. What part of the country are you from?

I agree that new equipment won't be around 50+ years. I have a JD 80 corn planter which is great but I don't know if it will be around like the bean planter.

I'm out here in western Nebraska...Scottsbluff area.

You darn right Dan!

It just don't get any better than that. Thought that country looked awfully darned familiar. I was born down there. :>)

Always said the absolute finest farmers found anywhere were in the valley and over in Goshen county. Just old fashioned pride like you wouldn't believe. :>)

Good for you Pard! Ya make me proud.

Allan

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back