Farmall M PTO install

pullbehind

New User
Looking for a little help. working on our 1952 Farmall M pulled out the PTO shaft and replaced the seals and bearing. Now I'm trying to put the shaft back in. Pried the shaft like you would a rear axle on the truck that didn't work. made guide bolts but can't get that slotted end of the PTO to engage with the slot in the trans. Any help much appreciated.

slide a length of pipe that fits kind of snug over the splined stub. it will give you a little better leverage to line up the shaft.

slide a length of pipe that fits kind of snug over the splined stub. it will give you a little better leverage to line up the shaft.
Good idea one of my sons is coming over this afternoon to help I'll get a pipe ready and give it another go thanks

Glennster that pipe idea worked welded up a long pipe and maybe 15 minutes alone got it located. Really appreciate the help.Also converted the oil filter housing to a spin on. Came from a machine shop in Missouri,now can use a4 dollar filter instead of a 25 dollar filter.Thanks again

Glennster that pipe idea worked welded up a long pipe and maybe 15 minutes alone got it located. Really appreciate the help.Also converted the oil filter housing to a spin on. Came from a machine shop in Missouri,now can use a4 dollar filter instead of a 25 dollar filter.Thanks again
glad it worked out for you👍👍👍👍

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back