Farmall Steering Wheel Removal

I am removing an old steering wheel off of a Farmall 560 for a class project. The nut came off, but want to know the best method of removing the steerring wheel itself. Is it threaded on or is it a keyway that would need a pulllers? Any suggestions?
DSCN6373[1].JPG

use a 3 jaw puller. them 560's have a cap in the centre u remove. that is more like the previous 450 model. unless its all been cut out.

I am removing an old steering wheel off of a Farmall 560 for a class project. The nut came off, but want to know the best method of removing the steerring wheel itself. Is it threaded on or is it a keyway that would need a pulllers? Any suggestions?View attachment 61554
If you can get the 3 jaw behind the hub, do it that way. Heating with the puller on tight is better than beating it (and easier on the Power Steering tender parts) If not happening, use a die grinder with a cutoff wheel to slice through the side of the hub as far as possible, then use a sacrificial flat blade screwdriver to wedge it apart. Jim

Jim is right about the cut off wheel. The last four of these type tractors I would heat and pull with different pullers and they just would not move. I eventually gave up an just cut them off. Be careful not to cut into the shaft, don’t loose the key in there and pry the cut open with a chisel or screwdriver as Jim suggests.
Good luck

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back