Farmall Super A hydraulics question.

1962farmall

New User
Hello. I'm thinking about removing the hydraulics from my Super A and selling them. Does anyone have any idea what a fair price for everything would be?. Thanks

Hello. I'm thinking about removing the hydraulics from my Super A and selling them. Does anyone have any idea what a fair price for everything would be?. Thanks
The condition the components are in is the main consideration. The tractor will be worth less when they are removed than with them in place. A cover plate and other items will need to be fabricated to make the tractor usable after they are gone. The dollar value is not going to be very high because the components fit tractors that likely already have the system. and do not fit many that don't. The answer is probably from 200 to 500 dollars depending on where you are, and the desirability. What is your rationale for removing the system? Jim

Thanks for the info. I have a few reasons for wanting to take it off. My 1948 Cub doesn't have hydraulics and I like how looks. I think the A will look nicer without them also. Especially when I display them together. Also it would make the A a little lighter. Plus if I can get a few hundred bucks for the hydraulics I can use it to buy some new front tires for my Cub. Thanks again, Lou

Franky I think even $200 may be a bit optimistic on the value of the hydraulic system. Why? Because every Super A has one. The only Super As that don't have one are owned by people like you who took it off. The market for a used hydraulic system off of a Super A is quite small.

Sure you can find them out there listed for $200 or more, but come back in three months... they're still listed. IMHO to get a good idea of value on a national level see if one of these parts dreamers on Ebay has one listed. They usually do. Realistic value is no more than half of what they're asking.

Out of everything the pump and lines will be the two most valuable pieces. There is an occasional need for an arm.

If you're willing to advertise nationally and ship it will be more valuable. Just stuck up on Facebook Marketplace locally, you'll be sitting on it for quite a while or people will be offering you $50.

Why take them off?? If you don't use them don't but leave them there. Sooner or later you will find they can be good to have.

Out of everything the pump and lines will be the two most valuable pieces. There is an occasional need for an arm.
Most value would probably be a good pump. However, most people in need of a pump won't be willing to pay much for one out of fear that it may not be any better than the one they have.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back