Farmall Super C (?) ID

keithorum

New User
Hey Guys - New to this. I have what I think is a 1952 or 1953 Farmall Super C. Use it on my small farm. I got it running myself, but now I'm digging into the basic details so I can do more maintenance. Having a hard time finding a serial number that makes sense. There is a worn nameplate which clearly shows 5276 J. Another number 357657R5. 351687-R8. 351112-R2. 3 25. 351887-R8. 6340-DA. 351132-R2 underneath that 3 2. 351131R3 above that 1 20 W. On the head 3 31 A. Another old plate partial symbols maybe
ROSE PX WKS underneath that R something. Appreciate any guidance. Thanks !

It could be a combination of more than one tractor. The head casting number is for 1955. The serial numbers for Super C tractors have 6 digits.
The 5276 J number is a 4 digit number for 1950. The Super C has curved brake pedal levers, the Super C has curved levers. Under the #1 spark
plug on the block should be a engine serial number. Jim

I found a number under the firing order - 6 4 z. Under No.1 cylinder is 354898 R (?)

The brake pedal levers are slightly curved at the bottom.

Also, there are 2 horizontal plugs, one on the floorplate next to the shifter, another on the box above the rear pto shaft. The floorplate one seems to have a 12 inch square female spot for a square socket extension. The rear one has a similar square shape but has a distinct cross shaped relieved section under the squared section. What are those, and is there a special too for the cross shaped one ?

Thanks !

Having trouble posting photos of my tractor. Message indicates improper words. Meanwhile there are no improper words. Last attempt was only the photo.

Well the 1 20 W, is January 20th,1951, and the 6 4 Z is June 4th, Z is 1954anything that ends in R1 or R2 or R91, etc is a part number! You found a lot of numbers.

You need to make 5 posts before you can attach a photo. This is to
frustrate scammers. Keep posting, we will help you.
Dave

Welcome to YT, I will link an older YT post that shows
the list of casting codes. Letters stood for a certain
year. That way you know what some of the replies you
have received are based on. So where you saw a 1 20 W
that would mean the part was cast on Jan. 20, 1951;
W designates 1951.

Here is the explanation of your problem with posting
photos as a new member. Due to this being a G rated
forum you are generally not allowed to post a picture
until after your 5th post, so you are almost there. This
is to keep internet bad guys from popping in and
dropping a bunch of ..no no.. photos. I think you
figured this out but, pictures are added through the
..Choose files.. button in the ..Advanced Posting.. area
at the bottom of a New Post or a reply.
YT post with casting codes

This post was edited by used red MN on 07/19/2022 at 08:22 pm.

Those are lube oil check level plugs. The one on the side is the level of the transmission and final drive gear lube. You would be wise to purchase an Operators Manual see link. If you search for a manual by Farmall Super C operators manual, and go down the list of results far enough look for one that says manuals scrib, it will actually let you view the manual free. The window it gives you is irritatingly small and closes on both top and bottom. Also be warned I have seen that if you look to download a manual free many times those sites trick you into downloading a bunch of no no into your PC, beware.
YT Farmall SC Op. manual

This post was edited by used red MN on 07/19/2022 at 08:40 pm.

Actually, those plugs are a filler plug and a "don't need to deal with it" plug. The level plug is way down near the right rear corner of the housing.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back