Farmhand 740 loader

Fordfarmer

Well-known Member
Asked over on the implement board, but I'll ask here too. Anyone ever had a Farmhand loader, specifically a model 740? I'm looking for a new(er) loader for my 4600, with the possability of buying a FWA 4610, 5610 or 6610 in a year or two. Would like to keep the same loader, just buy another set of mounts. Found a 740 advertised close enough and cheap enough that I'm interested. Wondering how good they are, if this is the modle I want. Haven't had much luck looking them up on the net or searching the archives so far. Thanks for any input. (also considering a Bushhog or Wesendorf, as theres a dealer close, but those would be new and $$$)
 
I've got no experience with Farmhand. My inclination with loaders today is towards ALO (Quicke). Well built loader although probably a bit more money.
You'd want to be sure what you're buying down the road too.... A loader you buy today for a 4600 two wheel drive is going to get beat to a snot on any of the other models you listed... and if you buy the loader for one of them the front end of the 4600 will get beat to a snot. Now there's a coin toss for you...

Rod
 
Don't know of a ALO dealer near me. Been kinda leaning towards a Westendorf TA26 if I buy new. Rated for up to 120 h.p., so shouldn't beat it up. 90% or more of my loader work is loading, unloading, stacking and feeding round bales, so shouldn't beat up the 4600 any more than the old 772A has. Big reason to upgrade loader tractors is feeding bales in the winter (snow) and spring (mud). 4600 -or any 2wd- just can't get it done reasonably. Only way I get by is to have a bale on the 3-point. Whatever I buy IS going to be quick attach. Won't miss the fight of getting the loader on/off, and having to climb up and over the frame.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top